This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
Chairman of the Board – The Indigenous Leadership Development Institute Inc.
Andrew Carrier – BA, RPT, CHRP
REGISTERED PROFESSIONAL TRAINER & CERTIFIED HUMAN RESOURCE PRACTITIONER
Andrew started his career with the Government of Manitoba in December 1987 and is currently a Human Resource Consultant serving Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living.
Andrew has over 30 years of volunteer experience within the Métis, First Nation and Persons with Disability non-profit organizations such as:
- The Indigenous Leadership Development Institute
- The Manitoba Métis Federation
- The Truth and Reconciliation – Governing Circle
- The Indian and Métis Friendship Centre of Winnipeg
- The Canadian Paraplegic Association
- Chairperson and Board member of the Indigenous Leadership Development Institute since 2000.
- Minister of Michif Languages and elected Métis representative for the Manitoba Métis Federation since 2000.
- Presented at the United Nations on the history, Métis Culture and current challenges facing the Métis in Manitoba in 2009.
- Official spokesperson to French Canada on the Manitoba Métis Federation’s Supreme Court of Canada’s decision on the Métis Land Claims of 1867 in March 2013.
- Master of Ceremony at the World Indigenous Business Forum in Windtoek, Namibia – Africa in 2012.