This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
Aymara social communicator
- His career as communicator began 20 years ago, mostly in Andina radio station where he has promoted and spread knowledge about the value of revitalizing the Aymara identity.
- Rolando was the first presenter of the Carnival “Fuerza del Sol” (Strength from the Sun, in English) One of the most important events in Chile.
- His popularity and connection to the Andean world has gone beyond borders, and his links includes countries such as Peru and Bolivia.
- As Social Communicator, he has been focused on claiming the values of the Aymara people and promoting the rights of Chilean Indigenous Peoples.
- He constantly participates in different campaigns, such as the promotion of recognition of Aymaras in recent census.
- His career as communicator and presenter of important events has been recognized by Arica Municipality.
- Famous by his work as a producer, presenter and radio host with a strong connection to social issues.
- Presenter of several national and international events: Intercultural Pusisuyu, Biennial of Indigenous Arts and Culture, Iquique Carnival, among others.
- Presenter of massive events and concerts such as Los Jaivas, Illapu, Willian, Los Kjarkas, Sabia Andina, Kalamarka, Eva Ayllon, and different artists from the regional folklore.
- Promoter of folk and Andean music groups in the radio program Waliki, broadcast daily in Andina Radio Station.