Interested in hosting the next World Indigenous Business Forum!
WIBF Hosting Benefits:
- Provides an economic impact over a four-to-five-day period while delegates are in
- Involves local and multi-sectoral groups fostering economic development and engaging Indigenous
- Generates an international awareness and promotional of the host city and country over approximately a three-year period.
- Speaking opportunity for the host on the WIBF agenda for up to three years leading up to their
- A role in the development of the WIBF Agenda, inviting delegates and distinguished speakers from around the
- An opportunity to showcase the city/country.
Bid Information Required:
A completed bid will be accepted with the following information:
- Where is the proposed venue and how many people can it accommodate?
- Is the venue conducive for Indigenous learners?
- Can the venue accommodate up to 1,000 participants?
- Where will the delegates be accommodated?
- Rates for hotels are affordable?
- Hotels are relatively close to the venue?
- Transportation options are available to and from hotel and conference venue?
Provide a brief description of the organization:
- Is it affiliated with any Indigenous group, people, organization? If so, what indigenous group(s)?
- What is the governing structure of the organization?
- What is the mission of the organization?
- Does the organization have experience with planning events like WIBF? If yes, provide a short description of one of those events.
- Who will be the lead planner of WIBF?
- In a paragraph, tell us why you want to host WIBF.
Review Committee Process and Guidelines
- The successful bidder will be showcased on all global marketing efforts relating to the WIBF whenever possible once a bid has been
- An announcement of the successful bid will be made at all the WIBF’s and the successful bidder will have an allotment of time on the agenda for the announcement to be
- The successful host and all pertinent information will be included in the marketing efforts of WIBF, both in print and on social media.
- The review committee is comprised of ILDII Board of Directors, and their decision is
- The committee will dispatch a representative to the host locations to visit the organization and assess the potential venue for WIBF. This visit may be done
- All bids shall be submitted electronically; please send the completed application as a Microsoft Word document or PDF.
The host will be expected to assist the WIBF team in sponsorship and registration. Please send completed bid to:
Rosa Walker, President and CEO
Indigenous Leadership Development Institute, Inc
206-1075 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada R3G 0R8